Electronics & Medical Engineering
Our Electronics and Medical Engineering (EME) team is responsible for the maintenance and repair of complex electronic, diagnostic and therapeutic equipment.
Our highly skilled team of engineers manages more than 17,000 medical devices throughout every stage of their lifecycle across a portfolio of NHS Trusts and healthcare partners.
Maintenance and repair you can trust
Launched in 2018, Healthcare Partners Ltd (HPL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust. Although we provide services to both the public and private sectors, we are unique in that all our profits are reinvested back into the Trust.
The Electronics & Medical Engineering department of HPL works closely with healthcare professionals and equipment suppliers to offer a comprehensive medical equipment management service. Our in-house workshops are comprehensively equipped with specialised test and calibration equipment. We also maintain a large inventory of technical service documentation stored within our asset management system.
We pride ourselves on the high quality of our repairs and servicing and the rigour of our data traceability. Our engineers are manufacturer-trained to offer repairs on all makes and models of equipment, and the department maintains strong relationships with OEM suppliers — keeping our whole team up-to-date with the latest technology.
We support more than 17,000 medical devices
For our public- and private-sector clients
Our electronics and medical engineering services
- Medical equipment savings plans
- Specialist technical and engineering support to key equipment used within the Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust
- Medical equipment asset database (e-Quip) administration, user training and support
- Administration of the Trust’s equipment library
- Electrical safety testing (BS 62353)
- EME Helpdesk
- Vital signs monitoring systems
- Adult ventilation systems
- Neonatal ventilation systems
- Neonatal incubators
- ECG machines
- Infusion devices – syringe pumps and volumetric pumps
- Electric beds, treatment couches, plinths, patient trolleys
- Pressure relief systems
- Audiometers, tympanometers, hearing aid fitting systems, visual reinforcement systems
- Therapy equipment – oxygen, suction, demand valves
- Patient warming systems
- Fluid warming systems
- CTG machines
- Sphygmomanometers – aneroid, digital
We can help answer queries relating to the following:
- Replacement strategy and planning
- Service contract negotiations and contract management support to users and procurement
- Service contract renewal planning
- Safety notice management and reporting
- User advice and guidance on managing equipment in their care
- Loan equipment provided through the equipment library
- Disposal and decommissioning strategy
- Monetising old/obsolete equipment
- CTG machines
- Sphygmomanometers – aneroid, digital
Read our reviews
Healthcare Partners provides annual calibration and ongoing service and repairs for all our clinical equipment in Audiology at Kingston Hospital. The engineers always give an efficient, flexible and friendly service."
Audiology Team Leader (Equipment Lead)
HPL has been working alongside the Fukuda team for several years.
Their professional approach and technical knowledge have ensured both our patient monitor projects and the Cerner EPR roll out have been achieved efficiently, effectively and on time.
Service / QA Director
I have known Ben and his team for 5 plus years and have always found them to be very helpful and show great knowledge across the Clinical Engineering dept. Recently we (Therapy Equipment LTD) have partnered with Ben (HPL) to carry out service work on our S.O.T Equipment for us in various Hospital Trusts across the Southeast. The work they have done has been done to the highest standard they and our customers have commented on the speed and efficiency they have shown.
Area Sales Manager, Therapy Equipment Ltd
Our quality guarantee
Healthcare Partners puts quality at the forefront of every service that we provide and for every healthcare solution that we deliver.
Our internal quality and governance team ensures safe, effective outcomes that meet our clients’ high clinical assurance and quality requirements. Our accreditations include the ISO9001:2015 for Quality Management and the Customer Service Excellence Standard.
To ensure the quality of our service delivery, we maintain a robust Quality Management System (QMS) that is responsive to our clients’ changing clinical needs and requirements.
Our supportive, partnership-based approach to working with our clients promotes continuous improvement in clinical governance and quality, which in turn, enhances the patient experience.
Any equipment delivered to us must undergo a rigorous decontamination process to ensure our team’s safety and security.
As per the MHRA Managing Medical Device policy (January 2021), we ask that our clients fill out a decontamination form before delivery of their equipment.
Partner with us
We’ve always maintained strong relationships with OEM suppliers to ensure our team stays abreast of the latest technology and equipment updates. Now, we are establishing special partnerships with OEMs to offer:
- On-site PPM and repairs
- Commissioning new equipment on client sites
- Weekend hours and support
- Bench space for OEM engineer
If you’d like to discuss how our team can support your organisation, please get in touch.
90 Priestley Road
Surrey Research Park